Smartphones have embedded themselves deeply into nearly every aspect of contemporary life. That includes the never-ending Battle with the Bulge. Weight loss had undeniably gone high-tech, with apps that do everything from track your calorie count to advise you on food choices.
These seven apps are some of the best out there to assist those of you who want to shed a few pounds.
- Lose It! (Android, iPhone) – This app formulates a calorie budget based on your personal details and weight loss goals. It also connects you to friends and family to keep you motivated and losing the weight. http://www.loseit.com/
- MyFitnessPal (Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Phone) – Log your food intake and exercise, set daily calorie, exercise, goals, and track your progress, all with this handy little app. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
- My Tracks (Android) – Uses GPS to track your running routes, monitor your progress, and share your outdoor activities with friends. http://www.google.com/mobile/mytracks/
- Jefit (Android, iPhone) – Designed for hardcore gym rats, Jefit tracks your workout and has a database of hundreds of exercises to assist with your workout. http://www.jefit.com/
- Fooducate (Android, iPhone)- This app allows you to scan food package UPCs and choose healthier alternative. It also provides information on your eating habits, like if your sodium intake is too high, for example. http://www.fooducate.com/
- Endomondo (Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Phone, etc.) – Using GPS, this app tracks all your sports data and allows you to interface with other like-minded folks for support. http://www.endomondo.com/login
- Footsteps (iPhone) – This app turns your iPhone into a pedometer, counting your steps and calories burned as you walk or run. It also works with iTunes, allowing you to track your data while you listen to your favorite workout playlists. http://footsteps.palmshadow.com/